23 November, 2016

The Hubby Says...

The Hubby tells me that I am a negative person, always seeing the downside of things.  When I told him that Aries was rehomed, he told me that I should be happy instead of worried that the cat may not be in the perfect place.  Whaaaayall...maybe The Hubby has a point, but he's not exactly Mr. Sunshine either!  Who told me that I'd never get Patty O'Malley and Sweetie up The Stairway to Heaven?  Huh...who was that, dear?  I had Patty in the door last night; he made a couple of turns around then out he went again.  That's farther than he's been before!

Okay, I acknowledge my control-freak nature, and I may not be very trusting sometimes.  The world is a weird place!  I am grateful for my family, my job, and my friends.  I am grateful for the blog community that I've come to know and love.  I am grateful for libraries, books, and newspapers, not to mention THE INTERNET.

I am truly thankful for the cats in my life; those who are here, and the ones that have left for new homes or for The Rainbow Bridge.  Each one has left pawprints in my heart.

Sir Chucks-a-lot

Sweet Angel

Pattus O'Mallus

Sweetie, Yard Munchkin

Hobo, the feral who lives down the street
And to Sammy, George, Honey and Sneakers...and the neighborhood cats and dogs that I regularly see, pet, and talk to.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

19 comments:

  1. it is so easy to focus on what could go wrong, that we sometimes forget to see what could go right..

    Counting our blessings helps us remember there is a lot of right :) Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. whitefish waves two everee one ~~~~~~~ we will bee off line til monday sew heerz two a pie filled noe burd happee
    week oh end two all ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgiving to you all
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get it. Hard to be trusting... But this time we're choosing to be optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand your worry about cats. I would worry, too. In fact, that's why I wanted to keep Sophie when we found her. I had contacted a rescue, but then I decided I would worry if she went to a good home or not. I hope you have a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too know that the only perfect homes are the ones with OUR family, and a bit of mistrust is healthy wethinks. And we are thankful for our home of course. And also for our bloggie friends so have a great turkey feast and be happy! And that's lots of turkey, for every kitty we hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post. My mum worries all the time and she's a half glass empty type. Can't help it, that's just the way she is. She says she's a realist! When I'm purring on her lap she's very happy though :)

    Purrs xx
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very happy that Aries will live an indoor life, but I also understand you worry..because you care about him :-)
    I'm thankful for kitties who have been in my life, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful group of friends! We are so lucky for every cat that touches our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you are negative at all. There is a difference between being cautious and negative. I always worry about cats that are outside. I am thankful there are kind people like you in the world. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You aren't negative...you are caring! You care so much about animals and want only the best for them. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you are negative either, you are just a realist! I love you just the way you are! Happy Thanksgiving!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  13. How could you *not* be concerned? You are a true Cat Person! Happy Thanksgiving to you, the hubby, Chuck and Angel, Patty and Sweetie, and all the other creatures you've taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think you are negative; I mean, I don't know you as well as perhaps some other readers, but I am pretty sensitive and usually sense things like this fairly quickly. Love your photos, and I wish you and everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your for good thoughts about the fires. We are out of danger but the smoke is still in the air from other fires. Been a crazy few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for being so concerned. We understand that feeling very well. And we hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have gotten Patty even closer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful message to go along with the photos of all your beautiful kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving =)
    I agree, you are probably more of a realist!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Handsome cats, all of them. It's a shame Hobo moved on and you only get to see him on walks.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....