10 April, 2014

And Now It's Missing

No Snaggletooth!

Broken Bowl

Yesterday, Sammy's snaggletooth disappeared.  He probably dislodged it, and I must say he's acting quite chipper today.  He appears to be eating more, and we see him licking his paws.  Hubby thinks that maybe we should leave him alone now, and shelve the quest to trap him for a vet visit.  I am of two-minds: of course, I do not want to upset these outside cats at all, but he did have a tooth sticking out of his mouth!  Something is not 100% in there, right?  So, while I think about this, I am going to keep the drop trap out, just to try to desensitize the cats to it.

And wouldn't you know?  The wind pushed the trap 'shut' and broke one of my bowls this afternoon!  Rats!  Although the trap is not very heavy in itself, when it falls down...ie closes...it can really pack a wallop.  Which is why it's so big; no one wants a kitty tail to get pinched.  The food bowl goes 'way in, so the entire cat body and tail are inside.  We are expecting more wind and maybe some rain tonight, so I closed the trap for the night.  Perhaps if I keep opening and closing it, for days, they may start to ignore it as a normal part of their territory now.  

Have had a touch of a sinus cold these last few days, which has caused some sleeplessness.  Hard to keep one's eye on the ball when it feels like cotton wool is stuffed in your head!  I try to let the cats tell me what they need, but that toof put a scare into me, and I don't want Sammy to be suffering.  And yet nothing is happening fast, that's for sure.  Guess I'll just see how this plays out.

8 comments:

  1. Sammy may have more dental problems. I'm glad he's feeling better, but I'd be concerned about what's going on in his mouth, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's probably very happy it's gone now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great Sammy seems to be feeling better after the snaggletooth is gone. But I agree, there may be some problems in his mouth and I hope he comes in the trap at some point. Sorry to hear you've got cold..hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comments. Best to get him to the vet soon - there may be other tooth issues. Sorry you're stuffed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awfully smart about strange things around. we do lots with ferals too and we understand about not upsetting the outside routine for them. Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would keep an eye on Sammy. We're glad he's doing better but he still may need to see the evil vet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your plan is smart. I agree with everyone else. Best to be cautious and see he has the right care. He needs his tooths!

    --Purrs (and woofs) from Life with Dogs and Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We send purrs to Sammy. We hope his tooth is not bothering him and that it came out cleanly. We would worry too.
    We also send purrs to you and hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts on the passing of our Grammie.
    She was a great lady and she loved kitties too :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure, JJ
    and Angels Tiger and Tillie

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....