19 November, 2015

The Craggy Hole is Missing!


Author: Roth, Geneen.
Title: The craggy hole in my heart and the cat who fixed it: over the edge and back with my cat, my dad, and me
1st ed.
New York : Harmony Books, c2004.
Description:
238 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
LCCN: 2003023599
ISBN: 1400050839 (hardcover)

I am very fortunate to live in an area where the public libraries have a collective, meaning I can check out a book from any library in the group, and they bring it to my home library for me to pick up.  This is fabulous, because no one library has all the titles that it's surrounding community needs.  Trust me, I scour the card catalogs for cat books!  Weeks ago, I checked out Geneen Roth's "The Craggy Hole In My Heart And The Cat Who Fixed It" from the library near my office, read it and returned it to my home library. Unfortunately...somehow... the book is now missing!  Neither my home library nor the one it belongs to can find it, and kind librarians are now searching for it.

The book was only so-so, therefore I chose not to do a book review on it for this blog.  The cat is only a bit of the story, not a lot of the story, like "Dewey, The Library Cat" or "Homer's Odyssey".  Both of these are great books, and I highly recommend them!  But now, I'm calling libraries, asking if they've seen 'The Craggy Hole'! It's embarrassing, for one because I AM NEVER EVER LATE WITH MY BOOKS, and two...that weird title!    

Oh well, things could be worse.  I am fortunate to have a librarian friend at my home library, a nice woman who recognizes my voice when I call.  And many of the desk attendants are curious to see what new cat book I've found to check out.  Cats and books go together, doncha know!  This is NOT a slam at the collective part of the library system in my area; please do not even consider that.  It's just one of those things, and "The Craggy Hole" now has a BOLO (be on look out) in Metro Detroit!

7 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration. I try to have a perfect library record. One time in college, I had to get a bunch of books out and thought I returned them all. At the end of the year, my roommate found one under her seat in the car.
    I love to order books from other libraries, I usually use up my 20 holds and part of my hubby' s 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. We hope the Craggy Hole shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've borrowed DVDs from our local library but I've not borrowed books. I read very slowly and don't want to be pressured by a due date. I hope the missing book shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. We hope the book is located soon. Once my mom returned a book that the library said they never got; she described the book to them (it was pretty distinctive) and they claimed in writing to have looked for it, including on the shelf. Well, my mom drove to the branch, found it on the shelf and presented it to the desk--and didn't even get an acknowledgment for finding it for them, let alone an apology for the inconvenience. (She does not go to that branch anymore and went there only because her usual one was closed due to construction work.) Hope it works out better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have gone back to that library branch again, either!

      Delete
  5. We have that kind of library too. Mum says over 20 libraries worth of books to search.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....