11 June, 2015

My mellow is harshed

Folks, have you ever gotten to a point where it seems all the cat news you hear is negative, and you want to take in all the abandoned, injured and 'last call!' cats out there, but of course that's impossible? So you feel like a complete failure because you can't help anybody, and your own cats are waking you up too early in the morning, and the neighbors let their cat loose so it eats all the food you leave for your friendly ferals...and the ferals are hiding because of the huge rainstorms, and you get mosquito bites just being in the yard with them?  I see adorable kittens waiting for forever homes, and older cats who've been tossed out and need a forever home and declawed cats that are suffering and were tossed out and need a forever home.  And I witnessed two dead cat roadkills on my way into the office this morning, which just about broke my spirit.

My work inbox is blowing up with requests from everybody, and I have to play waitress to a huge meeting going on since yesterday, and I just want to walk away from it all.  I'm not feeling the good vibes these days, folks...nope, not at all.  Even though Patty O'Malley tried to jump into my car, to travel with me to the office, and even Sweetie 'allowed' me to pat her belly while she stood stock still.
Sweetie
Patty O'Malley
These are the golden days...the weather I've been praying for since November.  Sun up early, going down late; yeah, a few thunderstorms but the warmth feels GOOD and this is a great time to ENJOY!  I'll snap out of the funk, no worries.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through this time. It IS hard. Honestly, I reached my limit for heartbreaking news some time ago. Just remember all the good you have already done, and the good you will do when you are strong enough again. And hug the kittehs..... always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times you feel everything is going under water. But it's ok..you'll eventually rise up to the surface. I see homeless kitties and wish I could take them all in, but I can't. So I focus on what I can do. It may be small, but bigger than nothing. I hope you'll feel better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys...tell yur mom, in yur werld...

    de werld oh chucky, angel, sweetie, patty, de naybor hood doodz & dood ettez, de feralz & everee cat, dawg, hamster, fish, hare.etc her haz ever helped in any way

    her rockz, all ways haz & all wayz will, ....N coz of HER, ewe guys can rite ta tell a bout it...

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I'm a no kill shelter volunteer. Sometimes, I want to scream because it can be so overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hug the kittehs you have. Our mom understands the sadness. She gets all leaky-eyed sometimes about the less fortunate ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. De-clawing is illegal in the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take a deep breath, pet a kitty or two...and know things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cross stitch my Mom gave me is appropriate for you.
    It says "Do your best and leave the rest. Angels do no more"
    Remember you are doing the best you can and that it matters to those cats you do help. Sending hugs and purrs.
    Nancy and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the comment from Georgia and Julie's mom. My mom does too. You can only do what you can, and you do a whole lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had to see 2 kitties dead in the road, that is an awful image to get out of your head and so sad. There are so many requests to help needy kitties, I keep sharing them on social media with the hope that it helps a little, but it does give one a helpless feeling. Just keep helping those that you can, I know Sweetie and Patty O'Malley are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rescue fatigue is a real thing. Of course you'll always wish you can do more, but always remember that you are doing so much for the kitties in your home and neighborhood and every one of those cats is better off for your efforts. I'm very sorry about the kitties who were hit by cars. That is always heartbreaking. All I can suggest is to take a few deep breaths, step back and look at all the good you are doing, and know that in this moment, it is enough. And snuggle your kitties! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....