30 April, 2015

Mr. Chunk


Mr. Chunk's story, as told by my co-worker:

"This guy showed up when I was off work for foot surgery, found curled up under my picnic table and it was bitter cold out (February).  I can’t afford another cat and he had and eye infection, worms and ear mites that I could see – more that I could take care of at the time and I can’t afford 4 cats.

I felt horrible but I took him to the Blue Water Humane society – they are basically no kill, but if they are too sick or un-adoptable they will put cats down.  I knew this was his only chance.

Well……happy ending – I donated a bunch of stuff to the Humane Society on Saturday and check on my guy…….well, my handsome stray already got adopted out to an elderly lady.  They said she came in there and fell in LOVE with him so he has a great home now.  I just about cried when they told me!!  They said his eye infection was an old eye injury and he was a little beat up but recovered very well and now has a forever home.  Here is his pic that they took before he got adopted out. 


Just thought I would share – not often that things work out so well – yeah!!!!  They called him “Mr. Chunk” because his face is more of a chunk shape and you can tell his right eye is the one with the injury but they think he will fully recover in time.  He still squints a little but he looks so much better now than sitting under my picnic table in sub zero weather JJJ  He looks so peaceful here!"

I love this story, with a happy ending!  My co-worker loves cats; she and I engage in cat stories often. Kudos to Blue Water Humane Society for caring for Mr. Chunk and for finding him a forever home! And a big thank you to RC: you saved a kitty life!  I cried a little bit just reading your email!



8 comments:

  1. We are so glad he had a happy ending. We have to celebrate every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a happy guy. Great news that he found a home so quickly, and good for your coworker too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love happy endings. Yay for Mr. Chunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a paws...a paws...a paws....total lee awesum gotcha storee...N all de best two ewe chunk in yur new foreverz....wishin ewe yeerz ah ead oh happee nezz & health ~~~ ♥♥♥♥

    N heerz two a manefish madtom kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! Happy endings are a purrfect start to the weekend. Congrats, Mr. Chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! I'm so happy for Mr. Chunk for finding forever home! Your co- worker saved his life and she must be extra happy to hear the happy ending :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....