22 December, 2014

The Move


Gratuitous Patty O'Malley photo from last month
My office moved to a new location last Friday, changing my 10-15 minute commute to 45-50 minutes.  Positive: I have my own office now, instead of a cube!  Negative: Cannot go home at lunch to visit the kitties.  So now Chuck and Angel, Patty and Sweetie will have to do with less of 1) me, and 2) no lunch snack.  Now, every one of my cats could stand to be on a bit of a diet, but I am going to miss them tremendously. And what will I do with my lunch time now?  Where will I find cats to play with?  Guess I'll have to get creative; maybe there is a cats-only veterinary nearby my new office that I can stop at and visit.  Perhaps I'll learn to take a walk and breathe in some air!  Or, I can go to the nearest library and check out the cat book selection.

Had a bad moment or two last week, when the impact of this change hit me.  And yet, my employer is growing, new things are happening, and it's exciting to be in the middle of it all.  And of course, the hubby has promised to jump in and fill up bowls with food or water if I am delayed.  Guess I'll just get extra kitty lovin' in on the weekends!  The mad weekend smooching crazy lady with cats...that's me!

P.S. At the company holiday luncheon raffle, I won a Nook!  Can't wait to figure out how to use the thing, and our local libraries have all kinds of free reading material downloads, so I won't have to spend eleventymillion dollars on new books.  Plus, the thing is a super huge camera, so let's see what kind of new cat photos I take!

7 comments:

  1. Don't suppose hiding an office cat is an option...Maybe Santa will bring a timer feeder for your cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your own office! Longer commute and kitty-less lunch time may be hard at first, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. And as you said, you can get creative and find something new :-)
    How nice you won a Nook! (I won wine at company lunch raffle.) I look forward to your kitty photos from the Nook camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, there is good and bad with every change. I feel so bad that you are so much further away. Hoping the weather remains mild for you. The kitties will be ok.
    Concats on winning the Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a longer commute. We're sure the kitties will survive. :) And how cool you won a Nook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the Nook! Sorry your commute is longer, that stinks. I bet you will find some cats in need of love in the new area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad about the commute, but the weekend snuggling will be pawsome :)
    Concats on the Nook. That will be fun.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new office and the Nook. Hopefully your longer commute won't become too much of a chore. I'm in the opposite situation - used to commute 45 minutes but now I'm less than 15 minutes door-to-door.

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....